Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday Update

Sorry for the long gap between posts. Then again, sorry seems to be the first thing I type in most of my recent posts. I'm just having so much fun with WotLK that I'm neglecting my blog :(

Things have been shifting around for my main since I started that, "So You Want to be a Tankadin," series of posts. I decided that tanking, or at least Pally tanking, was too high stress for me, and decided to go back to Holy (against my better judgement). Some of you who talk to me on a regular basis via gchat or vent have heard my recent statements that I'd rather jab a burning hot spork into my eye than heal as a Holy Paladin again. If that didn't tip you off, I specced out of Holy and back to the spec that I leveled from 70 to 78 with: Ret.

I will say that Blizzard really did a great thing with Ret. They changed it from one of the most derided and ridiculed specs (justly or not) in the entire game to competitive dps and good utility. They even threw some CC into the pot to sweeten the deal, not than any class uses their CC anymore.

So my guild (more on that a little lower) and I have been moving into Naxx10 and have successfully taken down the Spider, Plague, and Military quarters, and are working on downing Grobbulus (who sucks). We've also downed OS10 and Archavon10, which, even compared to the relative ease of Naxx10, are ridiculously easy.

I don't want to toot my own horn too much, but my DPS has been strong (and it better be, considering the decent amount of gold I've spent on keeping my gear as good as I can get it). I usually move around in the top three dps in my guild, depending on the fight, along with my friend Tag, who is a Frostfire Mage, and a Marksman Hunter who does just silly amounts of damage. Even with the upcoming Hunter nerf he'll probably just end up in line with the rest of us lesser classes.

As for the guild issue I mentioned above, I, as well as a number of my friends, chose to leave our BC guild and set off on our own. The split was fairly amicable, we just had different priorities and goals and needed another guild to reflect these things. My friends and I formed Invalescimus, which is Latin for, "we grow stronger." We're focusing on 10 man raiding in order to avoid the drama and hassle that comes with 25 man raiding. In addition to this we're trying to be fairly selective in who joins our guild in order to keep out bad players. While being a nice person is great, if you can't play, and thus waste nine other peoples' time in raids, it's going to get to us eventually.

That being said, if you're looking for a 10 man raiding guild on the Alliance side, and you feel that you are both a competent player and also not a complete asshole (partial assholes are OK), you are welcome to apply to our guild. We don't have a formal application process, but it usually involves a run or two with an officer so we can see how you play and what kind of person you are. To find us, just look for Naelum or Naecorpus on the Staghelm server, Alliance side, or do a /who inva and ask anyone if you can talk to an officer.

No comments: