Friday, October 3, 2008

A New Shield

While I usually don't post a lot about my personal experiences in the game, preferring to take more of a meta (I hate that word) approach, I will say this. The Crystal Pulse Shield was the best investment I have ever made. I picked it up back at level 69 (early Dec 2007) for about 40g, when I was just starting to heal 5 mans. I moved into Kara with the Crystal Pulse Shield, and of course had my eye on the lovely Triptych Shield of the Ancients from the Chess event.

To this day the Triptych Shield has never dropped for me. Ever. One or two Holy Paladins or Resto Shamans in my guild have it, but I've neven had the chance to roll on it.

Of course there is the Light-Bearer's Faith Shield, obtainable for 33 badges. But, to be honest, it's not that great of a shield and not even a clear up Crystal Pulse Shield.

This of course means that I've had my Crystal Pulse Shield for a very long time. Ten months to be exact. I've healed every heroic in the game with it. I've done Kara, ZA, Hyjal, and even some BT with the damn thing. And as much as I hate it for being one of my last remaining blues, I've grown rather fond of it's presense on my back.

It is thus, with great sadness, I announce the retirement of my Crystal Pulse Shield. It was replaced earlier today, October 2, 2008, in ZA, by the Enamelled Disc of Mojo, which dropped from the Dragonhawk boss. For all of its hard work, however, it has earned itself an honored place within my bank. It will be joined, once the expansion hits and I recieve upgrades, by my Justicebringer 2000 Specs and the Hammer of the Naaru, which I view as the most appropriate weapon for a Draenei Paladin.

What items will you never vendor or shard? My Horde Warlock, if I ever end up playing him again, will never get rid of his Mag'hari Ritualist's Horns, a symbol of his long quest to reunite Thrall with his grandmother and to learn about the true history of his people. I know that Honor keeps his Verigan's Fist within his bank as well as certain tiered items.

In other news, I will be finishing my end of BC healing roundup this weekend.

1 comment:

Honors Code said...

There are a couple of items.

The Holy Mightstone - I'm saving this for a 'special' occasion.

Verigan's Fist - The quest line was awesome, and the reward was OP. I remember with great fondness bashing my way through the hordes of undead in Duskwood with this bad boy.

For the Light - I got this from a quest during Hero's week. It's an ingame book about Uther the Lightbringer.

Singed Page - There are books in Karazhan that give you temporary buffs. Once you use the book, a Singed page is left in your inventory. This particular Singed Page was from the Legacy of the Mountain King, and I used it the very first night I main tanked Prince Malchezar into the ground.

Soulforge Gauntlets - One the few epic pieces I had pre BC.