Friday, September 19, 2008

Figure Print

Ok, I'm done with this talking like a pirate. It's too hard to do for long periods of time.

Anyway, about a week ago I was selected in a Figure Print drawing. I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons and I could use the help of my faithful readers.

Pro: Immortalize my Holy Paladin Naelum in the gear I know him best in. This would represent the pinnacle of my BC gear.

Con: It cost $130. While I have the money and I'm not exactly starving, it is a decent chunk of change, especially for a college student.
None of the stances are really that great. I'd like to have one of him casting a heal, but it looks kind of dumb in the model viewer. I'd probably just have one of him standing.

In addition, I'm not exactly what you'd call sentimental. I usually shrug stuff off fairly easily and I have a feeling that I'd catch a bad case of buyer's remorse the moment I order it (I'm already regretting the $50 on Spore)

Does anyone know of a cheaper way of immortalizing my character in his end of BC gear for less? I could just do a screen shot and print it, but I'd like it to be more than that.

2 comments:

Honors Code said...

I actually have a Figureprint (just got it and haven't put the pictures up on my blog).

I like having it, but I'm very sentimental.

If you have a friend who is a good artist you could have them do an artistic rendering of your Paladin casting a spell and frame it. It might be cool.

Nic Williamson said...

Hey, I was thinking of getting Spore as well, but I've heard mixed reviews. How do you like it (besides the DRM...)? Worth getting?

And you should take a cool screenshot of your pally, then send it somewhere to be made into a poster! Now THAT would be awesome! And hopefully cost less than $130...