Thursday, April 10, 2008

First Poll: What Faction Do You Play?

My first poll has closed, and the question of what faction do you play is over. Though the Alliance was ahead of the Horde for most of the poll, it seems that some Horde players started reading just as the poll was almost over, putting the two factions at an equal footing. The final tally was:

For the Horde! - 15 (29%)
Glory to the Alliance! - 15 (29%)
I currently play both - 6 (11%)
I have played both (currently play one) - 15 (29%)

As you can see, people who actively play both factions are the least numerous. I'm guessing that this is because playing two factions involves maintaining relations with two separate groups of friends and/or guild mates, possibly on two different servers, which is much more work than having multiple characters on one server and within one faction.

The one part of this poll I'm disappointed in is the fact that I can't tell what factions the switchers ended up with. Though this is a small sample, I'm guessing that the majority of switchers would fall under the Alliance flag, since the majority of WoW players play Alliance (about 58% according to Armory Musings).

My next poll, which will be up for the next week, will ask what PvE role you enjoy playing the most. Please leave a comment if you'd like to go into depth as to why you made your choice, or if you feel I'm missing something.

For the Horde and the Naaru!

No comments: