Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blog Review: WoW Economist

I've recently stumbled across an excellent blog that I'd like to share with everyone. I can't remember where I found it, bur rest assured that this is one blog that you should add your list.

The blog is called WoW Economist, and true to its name, it's all about how to make money in WoW without doing dailies, farming, or buying gold. By making use of the auction house and predicting its long and short term trends, you can make some easy gold. Of course, just like with real world investing, there are different levels of risk, and to help keep those risk adverse players away from money making strategies that may turn sour, the site makes excellent use of a five part scale that measures the level of risk inherent in the strategies they offer.

One great example post is on Netherweave Cloth. If you ever see a stack of Netherweave cloth for sale in the AH for less that 3g, buy it and make ten Heavy Netherweave Bandages with it, which sells for 3g to a vendor. Instant profit! While the reward for this strategy is low, the risk is almost nonexistent, and the blog granted this strategy a risk rating of one, meaning it has little to no risk.

While WoW Economist is a young blog (even younger than mine), and currently only has a few strategies posted, I'm expecting good things from it, and heartily recommend it to anyone who has ever step foot in the auction house.

Edit: Of course, one day after writing my article, WoW Investor moved and changed it's name. I've updated the article to reflect the changes.

For the Horde and the Naaru!

1 comment:

Naissa said...

I stumbled across that just yesterday. I found it very useful. I'm thinking about linking to it as well.